< All Training Courses
Abrasive Wheels Training
The Abrasive Wheels Training course gives participants vital knowledge and skills necessary for the safe handling, mounting, and use of abrasive wheels. Abrasive wheels are commonly used for cutting, grinding, and other machining operations. This course focuses on ensuring participants have the expertise needed to handle abrasive wheels safely, prevent accidents, and comply with regulations.
Why This Course is Important
Working with abrasive wheels involves significant risks due to their high-speed rotation and potential for breakage. When they are not used properly, they can cause serious injuries, including cuts, burns, and even fatalities. This course ensures participants understand the risks of using abrasive wheels, and know how to select the right wheels for specific tasks. It also ensures they know how to apply safety measures to protect themselves and others.
Who Should Attend This Course
This course is suitable for anyone whose job responsibilities involve working with or around abrasive wheels. This includes construction workers, manufacturing staff, maintenance technicians, engineers and mechanics.
The Abrasive Wheels training course provides participants with knowledge of:
- The legal requirements and regulations related to abrasive wheel use.
- The range of abrasive wheels and equipment, and their uses
- How to recognise potential risks.
- How to test and inspect abrasive wheels for safety and quality.
- How to select and mount abrasive wheels on machinery.
- The appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required when working with abrasive wheels.
For enquiries or to register for the Abrasive Wheels course, please get in touch with a member of the JMH team today on +353 (47) 85 525.