< All Training Courses
The ATV Training course is designed to provide participants with comprehensive knowledge and practical skills necessary to safely and confidently operate All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs).
Why This Course is Important:
ATVs are commonly used in recreational and professional settings including agriculture, forestry, and emergency services. Operating an ATV without proper training can lead to accidents, injuries, and environmental damage. This course aims to equip participants with the skills to minimise risk and make informed decisions when operating ATVs.
Who Should Attend This Course
This course is ideal for individuals who use or intend to use ATVs for personal or professional purposes. This includes farmers, agricultural workers, forestry professionals, emergency response personnel, park rangers and conservationists.
The ATV Training course covers a range of topics to ensure participants are well-prepared to operate ATVs safely and responsibly including:
- ATV components and controls.
- Differentiating between ATV types and models.
- Identifying the risks associated with ATV operation.
- Safety gear requirements and their proper use.
- Navigating terrain, including off-road trails, hills, and uneven surfaces.
- Adapting driving techniques to different weather and environmental conditions.
- Mastering throttle and brake control for smooth acceleration and deceleration.
- Learning effective steering and cornering techniques.
- Practicing essential skills such as turning, reversing, and hill ascent/descent.
- Overcoming obstacles and challenging terrain features.
- Understanding weight distribution and cargo handling.
- Assessing risks and making informed decisions while operating an ATV.
- Responsible riding practices that minimise environmental impact.
- Promoting trail etiquette and adherence to conservation principles.
- Dealing with emergency situations such as getting stuck or overturning.
- Providing basic first aid in case of injuries.
- ATV regulations and local laws.
- Discussing ethical use of ATVs in natural and recreational areas.