< All Training Courses
This Loading Shovel training course provides participants with the skills and expertise required to operate loading shovels safely and efficiently. Loading shovels play an important role in material handling and movement within construction, mining, and various other industrial environments. This course provides comprehensive training for the operation, safety protocols, and best practices related to loading shovel use for handling of heavy materials and navigating construction or industrial sites.
Why This Course is Important
Loading shovels are powerful machines that require proper training to operate effectively and safely. Improper use can lead to accidents, injuries, and damage to equipment and property. This course gives participants an understanding of the complexities of loading shovel operation, including safety considerations, proper techniques, and risk management, promoting safer worksite operations.
Who Should Attend This Course
This course is suitable for construction workers, excavator operators, quarry workers, site supervisors, heavy equipment operators and other people whose job responsibilities involve operating or working around loading shovels.
The course covers practical and theoretical training for operating loading shovels. Participants will learn:
- The design, components, and functions of loading shovels.
- Best practices for starting, stopping, manoeuvring, and operating loading shovels safely.
- The skills for efficient and safe loading, unloading, and transporting of materials.
- Risks associated with loading shovel operations and how to apply safety measures.
- Routine maintenance requirements, pre-use inspections, and how to report defects.
- Site-specific challenges, obstacles, and environmental considerations.
- The role of operators to promote a safe and productive work environment when loading shovels are in use.
To participate in the training, participants must:
- Ideally be 18+ years of age
- Be medically fit to operate machinery
- Have their own PPE gear (boots, high vis vest)
- Have a good understanding of English
Participants are required to complete a practical and written test.
On successful completion of the training program, participants will receive a JMH certificate and card that is valid for three years.