< All Training Courses
Manual Handling Training
Manual handling includes lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling objects or materials. This is very common in most workplaces and daily life. This course aims to equip participants with the proper techniques, risk assessment skills, and awareness of ergonomic principles they need to help prevent injuries related to manual handling.
Why This Course is Important
Improper manual handling techniques can lead to a variety of musculoskeletal injuries, strains, and sprains. Not only can these injuries cause considerable pain, they result in lost productivity, increased healthcare costs, and absenteeism. The Manual Handling course is crucial for promoting safe work practices, reducing the risk of injuries, and enhancing the overall well-being of individuals in both professional and personal settings.
Who Should Attend This Course
The Manual Handling course is suitable for any employee whose job includes lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling materials of any weight. This includes people working in retail, warehouses, logistics, healthcare, hospitality, construction and offices. Manual handling is not just for people who work with heavy objects; even a relatively light load can cause injury if not handled correctly.
This Manual Handling course aims to provide participants with knowledge of:
- The legal framework and regulations related to manual handling in Ireland.
- How to identify potential risks associated with manual handling tasks.
- Proper lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling techniques to prevent injuries.
- Common causes of manual handling-related injuries.
- Manual handling risk assessments and risk mitigation.
- How to apply safe manual handling principles.
- How to integrate ergonomic techniques into daily tasks to reduce strain and improve efficiency.
For enquiries or to register for the Fire Manual Handling course, please get in touch with a member of the JMH team today on +353 (47) 85 525.