< All Training Courses
MEWP Scissor Lift & Articulated Boom
The MEWP (Mobile Elevated Work Platform) Scissor Lift and Articulated Boom training course equips participants to operate MEWPs safely and effectively. The course provides a solid understanding of the operation, safety protocols, and best practices related to both scissor lifts and articulated boom lifts.
Why This Course Is Important
Working at height with MEWPs presents unique challenges and risks, making specialist training essential for safe operations. Training also support compliance with industry regulations and safety standards is essential to help prevent accidents and maintain workplace safety.
Who Should Attend This Course
This course is suitable for people who work with, or around MEWPs, including construction workers, maintenance technicians, facilities managers, electricians and utility workers, window cleaners, and warehouse operators.
In this course, participants will receive both practical and theoretical training for the operation of MEWPs, including:
- The types, components, and functions of scissor lifts and articulated boom lifts.
- The importance of safety protocols, regulations, and industry standards related to MEWP operation.
- How to conduct pre-use inspections, routine maintenance, and proper documentation.
- Best practices for starting, stopping, manoeuvring, and operating MEWPs safely at height.
- Load capacity, proper positioning, and safe handling of materials while working at elevation.
- How to respond to emergencies, including evacuation and proper use of safety equipment.
- How to identify risks associated with MEWP operations and how to implement effective risk management strategies.
To participate in the training, participants must:
- Ideally be 18+ years of age
- Be medically fit to operate machinery
- Have their own PPE gear (boots, high vis vest)
- Have a good understanding of English
On successful completion of the training program, participants will receive an JMH certificate and a card valid for three years.