< All Training Courses
Reach Truck Forklift
The Reach Truck Forklift course gives participants the skills and knowledge they need to safely operate a reach truck forklift. Reach trucks forklifts are used in warehouses and distribution centres to handle and stack palletised goods at elevated heights. This comprehensive course focuses how to navigate tight spaces, handle loads, and ensure safe operations while operating a reach truck forklift.
Why this course is important
Reach trucks help optimise warehouse operations by efficiently managing inventory and facilitating material movement. Operating a reach truck without proper training can lead to accidents, damaged goods, and disruptions to warehouse productivity. This course is essential to ensure participants are adept in handling reach trucks, contributing to both safety and operational efficiency.
Who Should Attend This Course
This course is suitable for people who work in warehouse and distribution centre operations and handle palletised goods using reach trucks. This includes warehouse operators, forklift operators, material handlers, warehouse supervisors and logistics professionals.
The Reach Truck Forklift course offers participants a blend of practical experience and theoretical training, including:
- The design, components, and functionalities of reach truck forklifts and understanding their applications in confined spaces.
- Essential practices for starting, stopping, manoeuvring, and operating reach truck forklifts safely.
- Load capacities, proper load positioning, and secure handling using reach truck forklifts.
- Efficiently operating reach truck forklifts in tight spaces, optimising space.
- Identifying risks during reach truck forklift operations and adopting appropriate safety measures.
- Routine maintenance requirements, conducting pre-use inspections, and how to report any issues.
- Responding to emergencies and effectively manage unforeseen situations during reach truck forklift operations.
To participate in the training, participants must:
- Ideally be 18+ years of age
- Be medically fit to operate machinery
- Have their own PPE gear (boots, high vis vest)
- Have a good understanding of English
On successful completion of the training program, participants will receive an JMH certificate and a card valid for three years.