< All Training Courses
Sideloader Forklift (Conversion Course)
The Sideloader Forklift conversion course is tailored to experienced lift truck operators looking to expand their skillset to the operation of side-loading lift trucks. This is a structured program that includes basic training, job specific training, and practical experience and testing.
Why This Course Is Important
This conversion course upgrades operators’ skills, improves proficiency and enhances job prospects. It also ensures that by providing participants with an understanding of the legal and safety obligations of operating a sideloader forklift, that they are used responsibly and safely.
Who Should Attend This Course
This course is designed for lift truck operators with previous experience that want to expand their skill set.
The Sideloader Forklift (Conversion Course) ensures operators are well-prepared to handle sideloading lift trucks safely and efficiently. Participants will learn:
- Duties and responsibilities during lift truck operations with a specific focus on sideloader forklifts.
- To identify, describe, and understand the key components and terminology specific to sideloader forklifts, including factors affecting stability and capability.
- To perform pre-use safety inspections and daily maintenance checks recommended by the machine manufacturer.
- To recognise safe terrain conditions and operating within the design limits of sideloader forklifts.
- To safely load, stack, unload, and transport loads using sideloader forklifts.
- To understand proper refuelling procedures and comply with safety protocols during refuelling activities.
- To master safe parking and shutdown procedures to secure the sideloader forklift.
To participate in the training, participants must:
- Ideally be 18+ years of age
- Be medically fit to operate machinery
- Have their own PPE gear (boots, high vis vest)
- Have a good understanding of English
On successful completion of the training program, participants will receive an JMH certificate and a card valid for three years.