< All Training Courses
Working at Heights
The Working at Heights training course provides learners with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to safely and effectively perform tasks at elevation. Working at heights comes with a unique risks and challenges, and this course focuses on giving participants the expertise needed to identify risks, use proper safety equipment, and adhere to safety protocols while working in elevated settings.
Why This Course is Important
Working at heights presents significant risks that can result in serious injuries or fatalities if not managed properly. Falls from heights are a leading cause of workplace accidents. This course ensures participants understand the risks associated with working at heights and are equipped with the necessary skills to prevent accidents, comply with safety regulations, and create safer work environments.
Who Should Attend This Course
This course is suitable for people whose job responsibilities involve working above the ground, including construction workers, roofers, maintenance technicians, riggers, window cleaners, electricians and utility workers, and painters and decorators.
The Working at Heights course provides comprehensive training that equips participants to:
- Define and recognise tasks that qualify as working at heights and understand associated risks.
- Understand relevant regulations and standards governing working at heights.
- Identify and assess risks, and implement effective control measures.
- Understand the importance of proper safety equipment and personal protective gear for working at heights.
- Apply best practices for safe ascent, descent, and movement while working above ground.
- Respond to emergencies, perform self-rescue, and assist others in need.
- Engage in hands-on exercises and simulations to apply theoretical knowledge in real-life scenarios.
To participate in the training, participants must:
- Ideally be 18+ years of age
- Be medically fit to operate machinery
- Have their own PPE gear (boots, high vis vest)
- Have a good understanding of English
On successful completion of the training program, participants will receive an JMH certificate and a card valid for three years.